TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The renter undertakes not to use the vehicle nor to permit that the vehicle be used: for the paid transportation of people or objects; in any public or private race or sporting competition; by any person who has provided La Savina Cars Motos, S.L with a fictitious name or a false age or address or contravening any of the applicable Laws, Bylaws or Regulations; to move or tow any vehicle or trailer; by any person other than the renter, the family members of the renter who share the same address as him/her, the employer of the renter or an employee of the renter making use of the vehicle in the course of the normal completion of their services for the renter. It is understood that any of the persons mentioned above must have obtained the prior authorisation of La Savina Cars Motos, S.L and that no person, including the renter, will be able to use or drive the vehicle unless in possession of the corresponding vehicle registration document. The restrictions contained in this clause are to be applied together and apply to any use or driving of the vehicle. The renter takes full responsibility for any fine, penalty or expenses deriving from the infringement of the contents of this clause.
2. The renter takes full responsibility for any infringement of traffic or parking regulations committed during the term of this contract. The company reserves the right to charge the customer an administrative fee for such management (€ 30).
3. It is hereby expressly agreed that La Savina Cars Motos, S.L takes no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage to any belongings left, or stored or that the renter or any other person leaves, stores or transports in the vehicle, whether during the rental period or after said period has ended. The renter accepts the risk of said losses or damages, releases La Savina Cars Motos, S.L from any claim pertaining to said belongings and promises to keep La Savina Cars Motos, S.L free from and indemnified against any claim that may arise for this reason.
4. La Savina Cars Motos, S.L accepts no responsibility for any delays that may occur as a consequence of the breakdown of the vehicle or for any other reason. La Savina Cars Motos, S.L will not replace the vehicle in the event of theft or accident.
5. The client will be responsible for any and all damage he/she causes to the rented vehicle, unless otherwise relieved from said responsibility by the conditions shown in the corresponding box. If the client loses or leaves the keys of the vehicle locked inside it, he/she will be charged €30 to have the replacement keys taken out to him/her.
6. The vehicle referred to in this contract is covered by an “unlimited” third-party Civil and Criminal Liability insurance policy. Since the renter will be included within said policy, he/she undertakes to fulfil all of the terms and conditions included therein. In order to fulfil the requirements of said policy, the renter agrees to immediately inform either the insurance company or La Savina Cars Motos, S.L in the event of any accident.
7. In the event of any dispute that might arise in relation to this document, all parties agree to be bound by the Laws and Courts of Ibiza, expressly renouncing any other jurisdiction that may be applicable.
8. La Savina Cars Motos, S.L offers the client a comprehensive insurance policy covering any damages to the rented vehicle caused as a result of a collision. This insurance policy does not cover damages caused to the wheels or the lower parts of the vehicle, the loss of keys, tears or damage to the interior of the vehicle or accessories belonging to or delivered along with the vehicle.
This insurance policy, along with the contract, will be made null and void and the renter will lose the fee, insurance and any deposits when:
A – The vehicle is driven by any person other than the renter.
B – The driver infringes the regulations of the Traffic Laws (Highway Code).
C – The damage is caused intentionally or through the improper use of the vehicle.
D – The vehicle holds more people than the authorised number.
E – The vehicle is driven off of the authorised public highways.
F – The driver drives under the effects of alcohol or any narcotic substance.
G – The renter uses the vehicle for the transportation of merchandise, the paid transportation of passengers or any other activity that involves either the direct or indirect subleasing of the vehicle.
Since the insurance policy will be made null and void under the previously detailed circumstances, in these cases the renter will be held wholly responsible for any damages caused to the vehicle in the event of theft, accident, breakdown, vandalism, or loss of its parts, along with the days during which the vehicle is as a result out of service.
9. DEPOSIT. Upon signing the contract, the renter will pay La Savina Cars Motos, S.L, in addition to the amount due to settle the corresponding contract, a quantity by way of deposit, the amount of which will be decided upon by La Savina Cars Motos, S.L, and from which will be taken any extra charges, of whatever nature, that are incurred.
In the event that said amount left by way of deposit does not cover the entire cost of said charges, the renter agrees to make up the difference to La Savina Cars Motos, S.L. In the event that no additional charges are incurred, La Savina Cars Motos, S.L will return the deposit to the renter once the contract has ended.
10. RETURN OF THE VEHICLE The vehicle will be returned at the place, date and time stipulated in the contract and in the same condition in which it was delivered by La Savina Cars Motos, S.L, along with all of its documentation, tyres, keys, tools and accessories. If the vehicle is returned earlier, the renter will not have any right to claim back the difference in either the fee or the insurance policy featured in the contract. In the event that the renter wishes to keep the rented vehicle for a longer period of time than that stated in the contract, he/she must obtain the written authorisation of A. La Savina Cars Motos, S.L, to whom he/she must pay the corresponding additional amount or accept the charge to the credit card used to pay for the rental. Under no circumstances may the deposit act as payment to extend the rental period. Any deviation from the agreed upon return conditions may result in additional charges for the renter.
11. FUEL. The renter is responsible for refuelling the vehicle with the correct type of fuel, the cost of which will always be at his/her expense. Any expense or repair deriving from the use of the incorrect fuel will be at the expense of the renter. If the client returns the vehicle with more fuel than it had at the start of the contract, the difference will not be returned, for administrative reasons.
12. EXTRA CHARGES. The renter authorises La Savina Cars Motos, S.L to charge to his/her credit or debit card any corresponding extra charges at the time of the return of the vehicle, in accordance with the clauses contained within this rental contract.
13.1. For bookings with discounts up to 25%, the render will have until 48h before the collection date to make changes or cancels without penalty. After this time, we will charge the price of the first day of rental (without discount) as penalty and return the rest if the client wants to cancel it.
13.2. For bookings with grater than or equal to 25% discount, the render will not be able to change the rental dates nor make any modification or cancelation in the booking involving the refound of the amount that was paid to confirm.
This vehicle will be immediately taken away if found UNLOCKED (steering and lock), BADLY PARKED or with an EXPIRED CONTRACT. Your contract will be immediately cancelled and you will lose all previously paid money.
THEFT.- ALWAYS leave the vehicle LOCKED. In the event of theft, you will be required to pay the cost of the vehicle and will lose all previously paid money. In the event of theft, the contract will be automatically cancelled.
DELIVERY TIME.- Any vehicle not returned before the agreed delivery date and time will incur a surcharge of 20 euros per hour or partial hour for cars and quads, and 10 euros per hour or partial hour for motorbikes.
BEACH AREA.- Driving vehicles in the vicinity of the beach, or off of the authorised highways, is illegal and could lead to serious damage to the vehicle. Similarly, the renter undertakes not to take nor to permit that the vehicle is taken off of the island of Formentera. Such circumstances would automatically null and void the insurance policy and result in the loss of all money deposited by the renter and the cancellation of the rental contract.
EXCESS.- In the event of the breakdown or theft of the vehicle or of any of its parts, the client must pay up to 350 euros for mopeds and motorbikes of up to 350 c.c.; 600 euros for cars in groups A or B, quads and motorbikes of more than 350 c.c.; and 1000 euros for vehicles in any of the rest of the groups. Any kind of insurance will be made null and void if at the moment of the accident or theft the client has not paid the corresponding rental up to that time and date.